High Growth Region Sales Director – Airports Business
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is seeking a Sales Director for its Airports business across the High Growth Region Strategic Business Entity (SBE), which includes the Russia, Turkey, Middle East and Africa businesses. This is a key sales role within HAB (Honeywell Airports Business) and the selected individual will be accountable for driving profitable growth and leading the performance and development of all sales activities in the pole. This position reports to the HAB (Honeywell Airports Business) Pole GM for Global Airports and can be based out from (Dubai, UAE or Istanbul, Turkey).
- Establishing and owning the plans and strategies aimed at serving and expanding the customer base in the assigned geographic area
- Ensure the staffing of a sales team that achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with HBS’ vision and strategic objectives
- Ensure coordinated sales activities on strategic pursuits
- As a member of leadership team, coordinate activities with other functions and across regions to achieve overall business results
- Serve as an executive sponsor of HAB by maintaining customer contacts and relationships at senior levels in support of sales teams and account strategies
- Creates a culture of accountability and supports the “One Team” model
- Recruit, train, appraise, motivate and set standards of job performance for the sales organization reporting through her/ him
- Define strategies and initiatives to attain growth in the assigned geographic area
- Growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites
- Target orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
- Provide leadership and mentoring throughout the organization
- Executive sponsorship for select customers
- Accurate forecast of orders and growth opportunities
- Responsible for sharing of best practices across the sales teams
- Business Relationships: leverages relationships with the customer in support of local sales strategies, responsible for strategy and execution for assigned geography to achieve results, responsible for allocation of internal and external resources, responsible for approving all goals for sales professionals in assigned area, partner with marketing to translate Strategic Plans (STRAP) into deployment plans
- Sales Process: provides geographic coordination of sales activities and manages resources to maximize results from identified sales opportunities, ensure approved sales processes are followed and company procedures and systems are effectively deployed in the geographic area, provide leadership and appropriate sign- off for strategic sales pursuits, lead planning and sales forecasting processes, monitors and tracks key sales performance metrics
- Customers: customer value management and pricing, analysis of market dynamics and value chain proposition to target defined customer sets, facilitating competitive strategy planning with the team, drive key growth initiatives with sales team, develop relationship with existing and potential key customers, networks effectively both internally and externally to develop strong relationships with clients and business contacts
- People Management: inspire and motivate a group of sales managers that deliver results, provide strategic vision to the sales team, attract, mentor, and develop team members in support of sales excellence, encourages and supports learner driven development, responsible for training, coaching and certification of sales skills and processes, identify strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and build a high performing team, strong working relationship with general manager(s) of assigned geography, achieves results through people, leads change for the betterment of the team, provide ongoing performance management to encourage others to continuously improve
Results: growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites, target orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan, accurate forecast of orders and growth opportunities
20 Ensure the staffing of a sales team that achieves maximum profitability
20 Establish and own the plans and strategies
20 Creates a culture of accountability
20 Define strategies and initiatives to attain growth
20 Provide leadership and mentoring
- 10+ years of related sales experience
- Minimum of five years of successful sales leadership
- Extensive landside and airside knowledge
- Proven expertise in building successful sales teams and leaders
- Demonstrated success in coaching sales leaders engaged in complex sales/ pursuits
- Capable of balancing short term results with long term strategy
- Demonstrated credibility at the executive level in internal and external organizations
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization Qualifications:Degree qualifications and/or minimum 10 years’ experience in nominated disciplines (Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration).
- Master’s degree or MBA status is desirable
- Extensive Travel Required
- Job ID: req138564
- Category: Sales
- Location: ARE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.