Engineer II Chemical
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system.Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Provides engineering support of highly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge and/or skill. Performs project management and design, development, evaluation, and quality control functions on highly complex engineering projects, regularly offering innovative solutions to significant technical problems. Applies mathematical, physical science, and advanced Mechanical or Chemical Engineering technologies in accomplishing engineering objectives. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. Recognized authority within area of expertise with wide versatility of experience and capability.
Summary of Duties:
- Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical and scientific methods.
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications.
- Estimates set-up times, flow-times, costs of production and acceptance equipment, and compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
- Defines and recommends new designs, design changes, and alternate designs of instruments, and test equipment, and orders tooling, gaging, and equipment necessary to assure product quality.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
- Originates, refines, and releases complex manufacturing or inspection work directions. Determines acceptability of processes and materials in conjunction with design agency, quality, and other affected organizations.
- Interacts with design agency and/or supplier counterparts to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues.
- Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies that are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
- Responsible for work that may involve longer range and/or complex business objectives in field of expertise.
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flow time, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
You Must Have:
- US citizen and capable of obtaining and maintaining a DOE “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, Metallurgy or equivalent engineering from an accredited program
- Minimum 3 years technical/manufacturing experience
- Experience preferably related to heat treat / Knowledge of metal processing
- Knowledge of oven operation
- Has demonstrated excellent and effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma
- Greater than 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once
- Applied knowledge of standard office and engineering desktop systems and applications
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent time Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer . Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.