DIRECTLY ACCOUNTABLE for:
· The role of the 3D &2D Designer is to work as a member of the Equipment Team to support 3D design needs for Modular Design packages at UOP India. The work also includes use of 2D CAD software for preparation of the engineering deliverables such as Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Equipment Layout/ Plot Plan Drawings, Piping Study and other relevant process & mechanical drawings, etc., as required for UOP's design packages for SOLD projects and for proposal activities.
· Incorporation of Site Specific Data and references into drawings keeping different local/statutory guidelines in consideration.
· As a part of a multi-functional project team, the designer is required to produce engineering deliverables that are consistently correct, timely complete, and compliant with UOP processes & procedures.
· Close coordination with process, mechanical, piping, instrument and project engineers.
· Drafting conceptual client-specific process & mechanical deliverables for proposal activities (new Units as well as Revamp).
· 3D modelling of various UOP modular packages using 3D Modelling software like CADWorx etc.
· Extraction and checking of Isometric drawing from 3D model.
· Correct representation of Material Class, Tags and instruments and logical circuits in PID.
· Correct use of various types of Piping Material and Piping components (e.g. valves, strainers, orifices, SP Items etc.) in 3D model.
· Correct use of various type of Pipe supports and steel structure members (e.g. steel angles, beams, channels, bars etc.).
· Extraction and verification of piping/structural fabrication drawings from 3D model.
· Create accurate mechanical drawings in AutoCAD using standard drafting practice and perform basic drawing revisions in AutoCAD & Inventor.
· Understanding of piping, sheet metal and vessel mechanical design.
· Develop and maintain 3D model for combustion Equipment.
· Ensure to meet customer satisfaction requirements, including UOP Quality standards and UOP technical standards.
· Actively participate to ensure that ISO 9001 certification is maintained.
· Support and follow corporate HS&E policies, in relation to Office & Field Safety practices and engineering design policies.
Relevant experience in 3D and 2D Design for the petroleum refining & petrochemical industry.
·A good & demonstrated knowledge of fundamental principles of 3D design and 2D drafting.
·Exposure of piping for reactors, air -fin -coolers, heaters, columns, compressors, thermal oxidizers, flare systems etc. on various process licensors packages.
·Prior understanding of process equipment / components used in petroleum refining and/ or petrochemicals industry is a major advantage.
· Proficiency in the use of 3D Modelling tools such as CADWorx.
· Proficiency in the use of 2D drafting tools (such as MICROSTATION and/or AutoCad).
·Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be used at the International level with colleagues worldwide.
· Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent from a reputed Institute.
· Able to communicate effectively in English.
· Good analytical skills and sound judgment.
· Highly motivated, Independent and Team player
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.