Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Honeywell is a world leader in products and services for Aerospace, Automation, Control Systems, Transportation Systems and Special Material Industries. Honeywell Transportation Systems (TS) is one of the largest manufacturers of Automotive Turbochargers worldwide.
Description of Role:
Honeywell Transportation Systems Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) has the responsibility for the Global Manufacturing strategy and roadmap. More specifically the AME role is to propose, develop, deploy and sustain innovative manufacturing technologies for the organisation. Within AME the Wheels Centre of Excellence (WCOE) has the responsibility for all internal Machining and Casting Activities.
This is a unique opportunity for a high potential individual to move into a Global Manufacturing Engineering Function within an Industry-leading Automotive supplier which places Innovation and Technology at the forefront of its efforts to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
Within the WCOE this person will have the overall responsibility for: -
The development of advanced technology roadmap for Casting & Machining. This involves: -
- Supporting the development of a Manufacturing Roadmap
- Competition and industry benchmarking
- Core process strengthening
- New process creation
- Intellectual property management
- Smart Manufacturing Transformation via Digitisation, Industry 4.0 initiatives.
Business Growth Support
Tactical and Strategic deployment of Manufacturing Technology across the Global sites. This involves: -
- Capacity management support on internal casting & machining
- New process introduction and deployment
- Understand R&D requirements and define new process or equipment needs
- Contribute to machines, lines & tooling supplier selection and development
- Plant Support on specific issues as they arise
- Become subject matter expert for the business on key process steps and technologies (e.g. Cast simulation)
- Support People Development activities (within the team and in the Manufacture plants)
- NPI execution support
- Product Roadmap support with strong linkages to Engineering COE functions.
- Enhancement of design for Manufacture activities
50 Idea generation
25 Drive technical solutions
25 Brainstorm solutions
- Third Level Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Engineering associated discipline.
- At least 10 years Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication, influencing and leadership skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in medium to high volume Metal Casting processes
- Experience in Precision Machining Technology
- Automation experience
- Project Management. Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and budget
- Implementation of process improvements/capacity increases through new technology / equipment intro.
- Manage & identify capital spend and budget requirements for Technology / Process improvements
- Solid understanding of manufacturing techniques and their impact on costs
- Able to deal with internal customers and suppliers at all organizational levels
- Knowledge of quality systems & standards
- Experience with 3D CAD such as Solid Works, Pro Eng etc..
- Knowledge of HS&E and ergonomics related to process and equipment design and implementation
- Language: Fluent English and 2nd European language as option.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.