Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Intelligrated is seeking a Controls Engineer to join our growing team based out of the West Chester OH office.
A Controls Engineer at Honeywell Intelligrated is passionate about automated control systems, a self-motivated professional, and strives to be at the leading edge of control system technology. They are responsible for being the primary electrical and PLC control system owner for an assigned project. Honeywell Intelligrated Controls Engineer will be a software team leader and mentor some of the best and brightest in our industry while driving the technological choices behind complex automated control systems. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of engineering projects. In this role, the Controls Engineer will have the following primary responsibilities:
Ø Lead and mentor Controls Engineers.
Ø Conceptualize, design, engineer, and execute industry leading projects from start to finish.
Ø Develop complete and concise system Description of Operation (DOO), test plans and user guides.
Ø Interface with industry leading customers.
Ø Define and purchase electrical devices including sensors, VFDs, and PLC components.
Ø Design and engineer VFD and PLC control panels using Honeywell Intelligrated’s own AutoCAD Electrical tools (ICAD).
Ø Integrate cutting edge bar code reading technology to track and sort cases.
Ø Deliver successful material handling solutions to the customer by developing and implementing detailed commissioning plans.
Ø Attends all project related turnover meetings, functional design reviews and team meetings.
Ø Fully understands scope, budgets, and schedules for the project.
Ø Reviews initial project schedule and identify gaps or changes needed.
Ø Maintains and tracks issues list, reporting to Supervisor / Manager as required.
Ø Performs PLC Code reviews.
Ø Completes all in-house testing and emulation.
Ø Provides site/field reports daily, including progress, issues, and next steps, as requested.
WHO WE ARE
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world.
Honeywell Intelligrated designs, manufactures, integrates and installs complete material handling automation solutions including conveyor, sortation, palletizers, robotics and automated storage and retrieval systems – all managed by advanced machine controls and software.
From concept to integration to Lifecycle Support Services (LSS), Honeywell Intelligrated delivers dependable, sustained distribution and fulfillment success, and maximum return on investment.
Come join a team recognized for leadership, innovation, diversity, and growth.
15 Collaborate with engineering teams
5 Ensure product and project compliance
45 Execute controls and electrical engineering tasks in-house
25 Implement projects in the field
10 Mentor other controls engineers
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
· Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, Office 365, etc.)
· UL, NEC, and NFPA 70E knowledge
· Be able to mentor and lead other Controls Engineers
· AutoCAD electrical experience
· Schneider / Modicon experience is a plus
· Proficient with Allen Bradley Studio 5000 experience
· 5+ years of PLC experience / automation programming
· Safety control system experience
· Fieldbus knowledge (Profibus, EthernetIP, ControlNet etc.)
· A valid driver’s license
· Willingness to travel 25%, work nights and/or weekends
· Deep understanding of electrical engineering standards and specifications.
· Capability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced electrical engineering methods and tools
· Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions
· Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a non-technical audience
· Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks
· Excellent computer literacy
· Ability to focus on essential information and identify key details
· Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate and apply latest information and concepts
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
· Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done and do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
Exempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.