Customer Business Director
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
What are we looking for?
In an effort to reinforce the EMEAI Airlines Customer Business Team (CBT), we are presently looking for a leader with a proven track record who will play a key role in the execution of the CBT’s strategic objectives both in the short term as well as in the long term.
The successful candidate will be the Customer Business Director (CBD) responsible for managing a portfolio of key aftermarket customers within the EMEAI region and specifically focused on the UK and Ireland region. Additional customers may be added to this portfolio as key growth initiatives come to fruition.
This role will contain up to 70% travel nationally. With this in mind we are happy to consider applicants based across the UK.
What will you be doing every day?
- Develop professional relationships with customer senior leadership, decision-makers, stakeholders, and influencers
- Thoroughly understand the customers’ business and strategic direction in order to identify opportunities that profitably grow Honeywell’s business
- Provide timely communications that consistently, accurately, and effectively present details, actions, and status to organisational leadership and audiences
- Adhere to a rigorous, timely Management Operating System (MOS) and establish regular Management Operating Reviews (MORs)
- Integrate clear plans for the relationship building, risk mitigation, and opportunity capture required to advance / grow the customer business
- Deliver on AOP and STRAP commitments, including revenue, operating income (margin), and working capital (cash) performance
- Drive with the credit-and-treasury-services team a timely accounts receivable process with 95% or better alignment to payment targets
- Support the Finance team with a timely and accurate detailed forecasting MOS in order to support the SRO process.
- In partnership with C&PS, baseline as necessary Operator Support Improvement requirements (issue characterisation, root-cause-and-corrective-actions, & targets) and facilitate successful execution of the associated plan
- Drive new business
- Ensure effective coordination with the management, sales, L&C, and other team members needed to win new business
- Provide guidance on complex pursuits, capture short-cycle orders, lead / support retrofit-modification-upgrade opportunities, and facilitate contracts finalisation
- Deliver on year-over-year growth, profitability, and win rate objectives
Act as a decision point for marketing, pricing, capturing, and contracting new customer business
50 Developing professional relationships
25 Adhere to MOS
25 Drive new business
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, business or operations or equivalent.
- Previous and established business experience, including but not limited to business management, engineering, sales, operations, finance, contracts, customer support
- Green belt certification
- Fluent in English
- Masters Degree or MBA could be advantageous
- Previous customer business leadership experience is highly desired
- PMP certification is desired but not essential
- Proven track record of effective customer management and interface
- Working knowledge of business and financial fundamentals (ex. profit-&-loss analysis, investment analysis, balance sheet, pursuit financials summary)
- Knowledge of the fundamental functional principles associated with optimising business performance in cooperation with M&PM, sales, engineering, ISC, and C&PS
- Ability to make sound decisions and take quick action to ensure execution
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Extensive Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD41171
- Category: Sales
- Location: Building 197, Bunford Lane, Yeovil, Yeovil, SOMER BA20 2YD GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.